Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Tuesday Tunes-day: Do you have an hour or two and a pot of tea?

For some absurd reason I love to listen music whilst I sew. Now this is fine if i'm hand sewing or doing all the sewing prep, like pattern cutting, but usually it's completely arbitrary as my sewing machine drowns out the songs. So I decided to share with you the songs I would be listening to if I could hear them ;) Plus I love an opportunity to be alliterative AND punny!!

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin-Nightwater Girlfriend

I found out about SSLYBY a couple of years ago and loved them but then they kinda slipped my mind and I completely forgot about them. Now they're back and I have been playing this song CONSTANTLY since it was released, like seriously I should be sick of it by now, but i'm not! It is literally the perfect song because it works as background music AND rocking out music (aaah it's like the holy grail!) Also I now know all the words so it doesn't even matter that I can't hear the song i'm still singing :P Other favourites are: oceonographer and You could write a book
Lisa Mitchell-Coin Laundry
When I first heard this song I wasn't really sure about it. I'm not always a fan of Indie-Dream-Pop (is that even a thing?). However this girl id literally the cutest thing ever and I've escalated from pleasantly surprised to OBSESSED! (Another favourite is Clean White Love...hmmm, I think there may be cleaning theme emerging...)

Never Shout Never-Happy
Two Missourian band in one post?! (Gasp) I first heard NSN when their song played in a Sherlock fan video (Yes. Yes I did just say that) and I really love how they make even shitty stuff sound really upbeat (Pollyanna syndrome anyone?) Also can we just take a moment and talk about the singers voice? Oooh the accent...shivers, actual shivers. Anyways other favourites by them are Can't stand it, Lousy truth, I love you more than you will ever know and Cheatercheaterbestfriendeater (when the names are as good as those you can't help but love the songs!)


No comments:

Post a Comment