Thursday, 15 August 2013

Summer goals


Hey y'all, how's it going? (I hope you imagined that in the world's worst southern accent... I know I did!)

So, since you now know that this blog is technically waaaayyy behind schedule I thought I'd catch you up on a few of my crafting goals (Intriguing n'est pas?) , because some of them have even been realised! Yay, self-five!

After finishing my prom dress I came to terms with the fact that I have no finishing skills at all; Honestly it was like a shedding cat inside that thing (Fraying seams and thread ends agogogo). Therefore I decided that by the end of this summer, which is EXTRA long for me (Yay!), I would have mastered all (ok, most...alright some) of these techniques:
-French seams
-Princess seams (I'm obsessed, and not just because of the name :P)
-Darts (Bust, waist, the type where you throw metal spikes at a board...I'm not picky)
-Raglan sleeves
-Set in sleeves
-Pockets: Slashed, In seam and welt
-Invisible zips...that are actually invisible
-Flat felled seams
-Using a pattern ... Okay, this one probably sounds weird but I've only ever self-drafted my clothes, either by rubbing off existing clothes or just drawing vague shapes onto fabric. The idea of using  a pattern, and having the, in my opinion, hardest part done for you, thrills and terrifies me!
-Bias binding/binding in general
Luckily I have The complete book of sewing, Dressmaking, my great-grandma's Ann Ladbury Guide to pattern alteration and almost every edition of Mollie Makes (EVER) to help me along the way!

I'll keep you guys updated on how I'm going. It's debatable how many of these I'll have done by the end of the summer, but I'm hopeful.  After all, any progress in an improvement! :)

Cammie

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment